Bitcoin Runners is a not-for-profit organisation at the intersection of two community-lead movements enabling sovereignty of one’s wealth, while improving one’s health.
We have two main drivers: Firstly to accelerate the adoption of bitcoin and to socialise its use as a global currency. Secondly, to encourage more people into running and so to enjoy the wonderful life-changing benefits it offers.
For runners who don’t bitcoin: we’re here to help separate the signal from the noise and give you the knowledge and the tools to get ahead of the curve, to secure your future without relying on a sick financial system.
For bitcoiners who don’t run: this club is here to open up a new world of health, fitness and friendship.
For existing bitcoiners who run (aka fitcoiners) it’s time to have some fun! Pickup a shirt and spread the word. We want to help you make new and meaningful social and business connections, both locally and internationally.
We’re a proud member of the #teamsatoshi initiative.
Satoshi Nakamoto published the Bitcoin white paper on October 31, 2008. A little over two months later on January 3, 2009 the genesis block was mined, heralding the start of an apolitical, censorship resistant, sound money revolution.
There is a myriad of Bitcoin and running groups and resources but nowhere are they combined. We offer free coach-lead bitcoin conference runs such as these.
and help organise challenges like these…
There’s much more coming soon, including:
- Essential Bitcoin resource links and information
- Goal specific training plans and detailed session plans
Coaching group and advice
- An Ambassador program
- Race sponsorship
- Post lockdown meet-up runs at international events
- Bitcoin and lightning product and tool reviews
- Running merch
In the meantime if you would like to get involved there are a few other things you can do:
- Join our tribe on Sphinx Chat
- Join us on Strava
- Join us at ParkRun
- Let us know if there is a city/location you would like us to open a meet-up group chat
- Follow us on Twitter
- Share the club with any likeminded friends
- Join our friends at team satoshi if you have a particular project, challenge or goal. It’s a great initiative for raising awareness of your event and for inspiring others.